Friday, July 19, 2013

Dear Mr. Pollock


Dear Mr. Pollock,
This is my last semester for my graduate degree.  I will walk across the stage on June 14th, 2013 at the St. Pete Coliseum… there are no words to describe the emotions of this life changing event for me.  I know you attending would not be a possibility, however please consider this letter as a stole of gratitude in your honor.  Looking back over the past almost 20 years, you are the reason I am here today… You believed in me, encouraged me, and guided me to this place in my life, even when my options seemed limited to my circumstances… You thought otherwise…We become teachers to “change the world” or hope too anyways.  As teachers, we see the possible when others see the impossible….Please know that you are loved and valued.  Your career was significant because of how you approached things...You stood up to the outdated factory system of education… You are exemplar 21 century teacher before the 21 century…It means so much to me today that you were and are a part of my life and career…Blessings to you and your family…. Well, the next item on the list will be my Phd. degree in education…As we come to close another school year, you are my inspiration to keep going to the next year with faith and a great attitude…Maybe just one day, I will make the difference that you have made in mine to a student, who will forever be changed….in their heart and life…

No comments:

Post a Comment